In a word, YES! There are important security updates and you can request Siri to "Play the news". There is also support for the soon to be released HomePod and a few bugs fixes/improvements.
The Security Stuff
If you haven't updated recently to protect against Spectre & Meltdown you should definitely update now. There is also a nasty Messages bug that will lockup the messages app after clicking on a malicious link.
Apple's Smart Speaker - HomePod
The HomePod release date will be announced any day now and this update brings support for the smart speaker. You can setup and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod.
Play the News!
Siri can now play the news, sports news or business news. In Australia it primarily uses ABC but SBS & Seven are also available. For general news say "Play the News" and Siri will play todays news podcast. For sports "Play the sports news", sports is available from ABC & FOX Sports. For business "Play the business news" which will play an ABC business podcast.
Audio Controls Tweaks in Control Center
There is new layout for audio controls in Control Center. You can access the music widget on your iPhone or iPad by 3D Touch or pressing on the icon in the upper right hand side. Now all available audio playback sources are now listed as separate tiles to stream music or video to your Apple TV, HomePod, etc.
The Other Stuff
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list
- Fixes an issue that caused Mail notifications from some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
- Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
- Fixes an issue in CarPlay where Now Playing controls become unresponsive after multiple track changes
- Adds ability for VoiceOver to announce playback destinations and AirPod battery level