Apple has launched the new iPhone XR with a 6.1-inch Liquid Retina display in six colourful designs.
- 6.1-inch edge to edge Liquid Retina display.
- Introduce Gigabit-class LTE.
- New Dual SIM through the use of a nano-SIM and digital eSIM (coming in a later iOS update).
- New A12 Bionic six-core fusion architecture.
- Two performance cores are up to 15 percent faster.
- Four efficiency cores that are up to 50 percent more efficient.
- A four-core GPU that is up to 50 percent faster.
- Comes with new iOS 12.
- The next-generation Neural Engine for advanced machine learning in everything from photography to augmented reality.
- 6 colourful designs: white, black, blue, yellow, coral and (PRODUCT)RED.
- iPhone XR features a new 12-megapixel f/1.8 aperture wide-angle lens.
- Faster auto-focus, improve image fidelity and low-light performance on photos and videos.
- Portrait photos with bokeh effect.
- The most durable front glass ever in a smartphone and an all glass back.
- 7000 series aerospace-grade aluminium bands in highlight colours.
- Splash and water resistant, with a rating of IP67.
- Faster wireless charging.
- Faster FaceID for Apple Pay, unlocks, etc.
When will it be available?
Pre-order will be available for the iPhone XR beginning Friday, October 19th with availability beginning Friday, October 26th.
How much will it cost?
The iPhone XR starts at AU$1,229 for the 64GB model (AU$1,299 for the 128GB & AU$1,479 for the 256GB).